Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

HIGH ROAD BRASSERIE CHISWICK

Its been a while since I have had a good burger and so I made that my mission for this weekend - its good to have ambition right?! I wanted to try somewhere new but neither my daughter Arabella nor my husband Pascal wanted to venture too far - lazy bones! In the end we agreed on High Road Brasserie - an all day restaurant from the Soho House group. The relaxed art deco styled brasserie serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and supper with daily specials.

I had been here before but not for a while. We booked a table for lunch at 1pm and the outside terrace and half the restaurant were already packed. I felt quite uncomfortable when we were seated as it all felt very untidy and chaotic - lots of mess left on empty tables and everyone crowded onto too small tables practically on top of each other. I had seen that the restaurant didnt have the greatest reviews online but I had never had a bad meal here before so I tried to keep an open mind.

We perused the Saturday brunch menu although I already knew I was going for a cheeseburger with mac and cheese, Pascal went for the same and we decided to share escargots with garlic butter and burrata with heritage tomatoes to start. There is plenty to choose from though such as eggs Benedict, full English breakfast, steak and chips, aubergine parmigiana, duck confit….

Arabella chose from the childrens menu - mac and cheese. The waitress had suggested that she might be too old for the kids menu (she is 7) which I thought was a bit bizarre!!

Anyway Arabellas arrived with our starters much to her delight - it didnt look very impressive but she assured me it was delicious! I personally think it could have come with some greens such as peas or cucumber sticks…..Id say pizza express do a superior kids meal to this…Arabella disagreed!


Pascal and I split the starters and were very pleasantly surprised as they were both absolutely excellent. The burrata was creamy and the tomatoes so fresh and colourful.


The snails were served in a garlic and parsley butter and were also incredibly delicious - flavoursome but not rich and we all enjoyed dipping the bread in the sauce!


The cheeseburgers were served "au cheval" style which apparently means they come with an egg - I so didnt know this. They also had a triple patty - I wasnt expecting this either!



However the burgers were really really good - thin patties, lots of cheese, red onions, pickles and lettuce. Even though I had imagined a totally different type of burger - I very much enjoyed this and the fries were excellent - crispy and salty.

Like always we over ordered but I couldnt resist the mac and cheese. This was really cheesy with a crispy topping and truly irresistible.


We were all full to the brim and very satisfied. Despite my initial misgivings, we had a really good meal. The service was quick and efficient, the food very good and it was reasonably priced. 

On our way back to the car we passed The Outsider Tart, an authentic American bake shop with brownies, cupcakes and treats galore - another recommendation - we bought some goodies to take home and they were fabulous!!


High Road House & Brasserie

162-170 Chiswick High Road
London
W4 1PR
Tel: 020 8742 7474

Square Meal
Click to add a blog post for High Road Brasserie on Zomato

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment