Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

Full Circle 5

Since we have been traveling quite a bit over the last month, I have put my Full Circle box on hold, which is a really nice feature of this service.  I was in desperate need of some produce, so along with my seven items, I ordered three extra.

Clockwise the left:
red chard (Full Circle, Carnation, WA),
red plums (Red Raven Organic, Selma, CA)
red leaf lettuce (bonus item),
collard greens (Full Circle, Carnation, WA),
green cabbage (Riverdog Farm, Guinda, CA),
aprium (Tinys Organic, East Wenatchee, WA),
Congo Confection Collection (Theo Chocolate Company, Seattle, WA),
donut peaches (Nicholas Family Farms, Orange Grove, CA),
 rainbow carrots (Lakeside Organic Gardens, Watsonville, CA),
White Sweet Corn (Double D Farms, Visalia, CA)
So far, I have had a salad with the red leaf lettuce; used the cabbage, collard greens, and rainbow carrots in a microsalad, and just this morning enjoyed a plum, a donut peach, and some aprium fruits.  My big treat this time was the little box of 4 assorted gourmet chocolates.  Im saving each one of them for a special night, perhaps while enjoying some red wine.

I was happy to find on my way home from work on Wednesday that a farmers market close to my house is now open on Wednesdays for the summer.  I stopped in and picked up some fresh Rainier and Bing cherries for $4 a pound, as well as some sugar snap peas for $3.50 a pound.  This farmers market is perfectly within biking distance, so I plan to drive home from work, then bike over to the market.  Ill finally get to carry some produce in my bike basket like I have been dreaming about since I got it!

How many farmers markets are close to you?  Do you find that their prices are reasonable?



Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment