Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Day 73 of Metamorphosis


Note: Wrote this post couple days ago, but only now got to Internet. :)

Today I am travelling to Prague – yes, again. In the morning I overslept a little, so could only do 20 minutes of the DC, then had to finish packing, get ready and run for the train. Literally. With two suitcases. And a laptop bag… To tell you the truth, that is not fun – not fun at all! But, strong as I am (extra exercise right?!), I managed to get to the station on time, dashing into the train panting and somewhat sweaty – but on time!

Nearly forgot my little hand weights in Bremen, but threw them in one of the suitcases in the very last moment. So now I am all set: I have one small suitcase of clothes (shorts, jeans, skirts, dresses, bikini, hoddies…) and work papers; and one small suitcase with foot wear, cosmetics, matters of hygiene, all for manicure, jewellery and bijou… The problem is that I am going away for 5 weeks, and not only to Prague, but to various destinations and with various climates so to say (or rather various forecasts). In two days we are going to the south of Italy for just 4 days for a little rest and holiday (which means hot beach holiday). Though to be honest, with all the touristy things I have been doing in the past weeks (and no work whatsoever), I don’t deserve a holiday. But it was planned for a long time, and I am actually excited to the extreme: first I get to go with my sweetheart, and second I absolutely LOVE Italian food!!! So the diet a bit forgotten, I will be trying Italian wines and eating the real Italian pizza, pasta, mozzarella and drinking the spicy bitter Italian coffee. So expect some (=lots of) food pics. Tempting, tempting!

After Italy we are heading to the Swiss Alps (and one never knows what the weather will exactly be like in the mountains), where we found a nice cute chalet – a place for me to work and write up my PhD. I find that escape from normal surroundings help in finding inspiration, which is so important for writing! So, my laptop, my working papers, my sports shoes, Reebok cute leggings, sport bra, couple t-shirts and weights are all tucked in safely in my luggage, disks are waiting in the laptop bag and I am ready for work, workout and rest. Right now I can’t wait to move on to level 9 of Meta, but I still have lots to do in level 8 – which I like, but it is just already a bit boring. It is fairly manageable, and I think of using ankle weights starting from today or tomorrow – I just can’t wait for even better results for my butt and thighs. I noticed that after the 10 days fall-out, my body is actually rested, and it feels it is easier to do the cardio and the MS. So, resting is good, I made a mental note for myself not to miss rest days and not to beat myself up if I have 2 rest days a week. Actually I am contemplating working out 5 days a week or slipping into the schedule of 3+1 (3 consecutive days of workouts, 1 rest day and so on), so some weeks will be 6, some weeks will be 5 workouts, but that would give my body regular rest. But I think to switch into a new schedule with Continuity. Have any of you experimented with the schedule and worked out less than 5-6 times a week? I wonder if that is enough for maintaining for some people? Though at this point I still want to get into a more shapely muscular self before I start simply maintaining and keeping it up.

Already on way to Italy (the post came out a little late...)

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment