Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 2 of ETL 6 Week Challenge

I felt so much better doing the 2nd week of the ETL 6-Week Challenge!  I had the obstacles of date night with the husband as well as traveling out of town for the 4th.  In the end I did my best and was happy to get back into routine this Monday.  Last week I was also able to incorporate more exercise since my tweaked hip has just about recovered.  Here is what I ate and how I did:


  • Monday
    • Breakfast: large apple
    • Lunch: large green salad with chickpeas
    • Exercise: 3.15 walk outside after work
    • Dinner: steamed sugar snap peas topped with Thai peanut sauce and raw sunflower seeds, big bowl of veggie soup
    • Extras: homemade chocolate banana nice cream

  • Tuesday
    • Breakfast: sugar snap peas, cucumber slices, apple
    • Lunch: large green salad with chickpeas, banana
    • Exercise: 2.5 mile walk outside after work
    • Dinner: water sauteed mushrooms, onions, and kale topped with sesame seeds, sugar snap peas
    • Extras: glass of wine with dinner

  • Wednesday
    • Breakfast: cucumber slices, apple
    • Lunch: medium green salad and leftover sauteed mushrooms, onions, and kale
    • Exercise: no exercise today, some stretching before bed
    • Extras: snack of some gooseberries and red currants on the way home, two beers out with friends
    • Dinner: late dinner after we got home from trivia of corn on the cob and veggie soup

  • Thursday
    • Breakfast: peach and berry fruit bowl
    • Lunch: large green salad
    • Exercise: 1 hour at the gym with 30 minutes biking and 30 minutes lifting weights
    • Dinner: corn grits and Cajun shrimp - This was date night with my husband to a Cajun restaurant he had been wanting to try for a long time.  I was hoping they would have red beans and rice for me, but no such luck, so I settled on the corn grits and Cajun shrimp.  This was about the only thing on the menu not fried.  I ended up eating only 1/3 of the portion and my husband was happy to have the leftovers the next day.
    • Extras: one beer with dinner, raspberries after dinner out

  • Friday
    • Breakfast:  slept in and skipped breakfast
    • Lunch:  green salad and 1/2 slice of whole grain bread at a deli
    • Dinner:  Steamed baby bok choy with Thai peanut sauce and sesame seeds
    • Exercise: 1 hour of gardening
    • Extras: snack of roasted chickpeas and veggies while prepping food for traveling the next day, chocolate banana nice cream after dinner

Here is a picture from today (Monday) of the kale salad I had on Sautrday while at the beach.
  • Saturday - 4th of July and day trip to Ocean Shores, WA
    • Breakfast: large apple as we arrived at Ocean Shores
    • Lunch:  1 grilled baja taco, celery, carrots, apples
    • Dinner: kale and chickpea salad with sun dried tomato dressing, veggie dog
    • Exercise:  tons of walking around the beach (over 12,000 steps this day)
    • Extras: dark chocolate covered almonds and cashews, two beers on the beach

So sunburnt! :(
  • Sunday
    • Breakfast: raspberries and blackberries
    • Lunch: veggie dog sauteed with onion and mushrooms
    • Dinner: not hungry, skipped dinner
    • Exercise: no exercise this day - we woke up very tired, dehydrated, and sun burnt from the day before :(
    • Extras: chocolate banana nice cream later in the evening

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A SAFE AND FUN 4TH OF JULY!



Overall, I think I handled the harder situations of dining out and traveling fairly well.  Was it a perfect week?  No, but I made very conscious decisions to include as many veggies as I could while limiting my not-ideal foods to a minimum.

Over the weekend while we traveled I got pretty dehydrated because using the restroom on the beach on Saturday was extremely limited.  Im looking forward to staying very well hydrated in the heat this week, as well as incorporating more beans into my daily diet.

Health and Happiness,

Amy

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment