Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Why TA

So the big question is, why did I choose Tracy Anderson Method (TAM) and Metamorphosis (Meta) in particular? 

For several reasons (read below).



First, of course Tracy has made quite a big name for herself, and even though I am far far far away from fitness programs, I still heard a lot about her.

Second, I absolutely LOVE dancing. And as she combines a lot with dancing movements, I thought it would be great for me (I will let you know later how I like the dance cardio).

Third, I really really really dont like bulky bodies and a lot of muscle. I hate to see those on women at least. On guys it might be a bit different. But on women - for me it is a no-go. And this is what TAM is about - getting slimmer, fitter and tighter without bulking. It seemed perfect for me. A dancers body is its inspiration and goal, and thats what I want too.

Fourth, when I started reading about her different workouts available out there - and she does have a diversity - I found Meta a very interesting program in many ways.

A) it doesnt require you to workout several hours in a row - I simply dont have that much time - that with my PhD deadline looming on me.

B) I can avoid gyms - which I dont particularly like: sweating together with others around me is just not my thing...

C) opposite to many other workout DVDs out there, it actually HAS a program - i.e. it so to say prescribes you to do certain things on certain days; it is of course then up to you whether you stick to it or not, but a-priori you do NOT have to make a schedule of regular workouts, etc.

D) it has a diet too - at first I was slightly skeptical about dieting, as I have never done that and am afraid I would not be able to - but after looking through it, even though of course it does reduce the ammount of calories, etc, but it is more about healthy eating than anything else. Which is great for anyone - you dont need to actually loose weight to go on this diet for a little while, as it should cleanse and energize you, rather than restrict too much. But again, as I have never been on diet, I will have to see how hard it is for me.

So, all in all, I do have a lot of reasons, and I take my own risk of starting - I might of course not like it at all. But I want to try and I know I want to finish. And I want to do it all - the workouts, the diet, sleep better and have more energy every day.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment