Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Day 5 Week 1

Happy Friday!  I was so ecstatic to find that when I weighed myself this morning, I was down 7 pounds from where I started this week!  I realize that a lot of this could be water weight, but seeing progress like that is definitely the encouragement I needed over the weekend.  Here is my log for today:

Food log:
  • Breakfast: 1 cup fresh pineapple, 1 banana, 1 apple
  • Lunch: romaine lettuce salad with cannellini beans, chickpeas, broccoli, red onion, and a bit of Trader Joes Goddess dressing; 1 apple
  • Dinner: Vrueban (vegan rueban), corn on the cob, baked fries
  • Extras: 1 beer
Mmmm! Vegan Rueban!

Exercise log: Today I had to work late and didnt get time to exercise.  More energy to do things tomorrow!

How I feel:  Like I said above, seeing the difference on the scale this morning made me feel so encouraged.  I had a stressful day at work, and it just seemed like one thing after another went wrong.  On a normal day in the past, I would have let my stress translate into bad food choices.  I would think that since my day was so hard, I shouldnt have to cook.  Instead, today, I looked forward to nourishing my body with healthy food and to make my cooking time more of a relaxing meditation time for me.  

Since my mom is still on vacation with my sister-in-law, I went over to the house to make dinner for my dad and myself (Kevin came along with sausages of his to cook up).  My dad requested Vruebans, which is my version of a vegan rueban sandwich.  Find the recipe for the Vrueban here, and the accompanying Vegan 1000 Island dressing here.  

Tomorrow Kevin and I are going to help some friends move into their new place.  It should still be a lovely warm day, so Im sure we will break quite a sweat.  Im happy to help so I can get in some much needed arm muscle toning!  Im planning on packing a few snacks for tomorrow since we will be gone for most of the day and I dont want to be temped into eating anything that we might get to-go.  I may not be able to fit in my log tomorrow, but I hope you guys have a lovely Saturday!

What are your go to to-go snacks for when you have a busy day away from home?

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment