Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Long long time

Level: C 1.1.3
Day: 7
Hellooo everyone!!!

Its been a long long time. I kind of fell off the wagon of blogging for several reasons I guess. First, lots and lots of things happened in my life - good and bad. Second, I lost some motivation to blog and tell people things. Sort of felt like going deep inside of my little shell and never emerging out of it. I guess, this happens to people from time to time especially when stress is what life is about... Damn, that sounds bad. :)

So about the things that happened so far. First, I did get my driving license. From the first attempt. Hurray!!! But with it also "buying a car" business came. So yes, I bought a car - a nice cute little Ford Ka from 2001. I purposefully wanted mechanic transmission so that I can learn to drive properly. And to be honest, it is not so bad! But all in all, I LOVE my car!!! Getting a car, however, means I move LESS - this is a bit of concern for me, but I will try to workout even more.


Second, my PhD is not finished yet, which means the stress of it continues to dawn on me. Every day, every evening. I stress out and I dont like that. But there isnt much I can do about it. I have to work on it, I have to write it and I have to get going. On the bright side: the conference I went to in the end of August (yes, after the last post) brought me a best paper prize for the article I was working on day and night in August. That is pretty cool, but I still have about 2 papers to finish up. End of October is my deadline for that... Oopsy - only 3 weeks left... :(((

Third, I am coordinating a BA course in my University and this is not easy. It takes waaaay too much time and I dont like it to be honest. I just want to finish my PhD and get the hell out. :)

Fourth, I am actually now in Russia. Far far away, and the stress is only building up right now as I havent been able to work for a long time now... My grandpa was diagnosed with 4th stage cancer with only months left and I decided to head to my hometown to spend some time before he goes. I love him dearly, and he loves me, so he was really happy to see me. He still talks and moves a little, but most of the simple everyday things are difficult and almost impossible for him to do. He barely eats, is really picky and grumpy. But nonetheless, we talk, he tells me his life story and I know he appreciates that. So even though it is sad, depressing and a bit unnerving to see death closer and closer, I try to just give him some good days on this Earth before he goes, and try to support my parents as much as I can. So my days have been full with reading and talking, bringing food (and yes running back and forth because it is not warm enough), finding just the right water (which is not bitter - I dont know how it can actually be bitter): I literally had to carry out a water-tasting. And I love doing that, even though this doesnt give me as much time for work (which means almost none at all). I also got to spend some good time with my mum and dad, hug them tons and simply be around them. On that note I have to say that when it is not cold, autumn in the Urals is beautiful! I go for runs almost every day (I just can do much at home) and that is so worth it!

And so now finally I get to the workout part... Most of my blog IS about workouts, but right now I needed to tell some other things before I say: " I have not been really good with workouts". Well I still DO workout. I still do TA. I am now on level 3, and finishing it pretty soon. I missed a lot of time and had to start over and practically redo level 2. It is going slowly and never as I want it to go. But I try to move - go for runs or do a little bit of exersises, even when I dont have a chance to do the MS. So the progress is not as AMAZING as the one in the beginning of Continuity: in the beginning I lost additional 2 kilos and was so skinny and I loved it! Now I have to say I dont have the courage to get back on scale. I know it is not going to be as much as I was a year ago, but the perspective is nonetheless frightening... I will get back with more updates - hopefully - very soon!!!!

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment